Self Respect

How is your self care today?




Water is critical for our survival.  Staying well hydrated is critical for our overall wellness.  Do you struggle to drink enough water?  This week will explore some of the ways that water impacts our wellness and some tips for drinking more water!  What is your favorite way to drink more water?


Certified Holistic Health Coach!

Over the past 7 years I’ve been on a wellness journey.  I was only 35 and noticing stiff joints, fatigue, brain fog, among other things. I had just had my first baby, so I figured it was just “Mama Brain” and that I was tired from caring for her.  When she was 2 I realized, that wasn’t likely all that was going on.  I started reading and learning more about food, which is where my journey began.  I read an article that indicated if you don’t let babies/kids consume any refined sugar for the first 3 years of their lives their risk for sugar related concerns drop drastically.  I looked at my family, most of whom struggle with weight, and other weight related concerns and decided it couldn’t hurt.  No sugar for her.  Everyone told me that I couldn’t do that.  As a baby, maybe, but by 3 she’d be demanding candy.  I’m happy to report my now 8 year old still has never had highly process sugar, and when offered, she declines.  In this area, I had it easy, I tried this experiment on a baby, not a child who had already been eating highly processed sugar, which would have been a different experience!  I know this because I certainly still have a love hate relationship with the stuff!
My journey started with food, moved to herbal solutions to typical life stuff, more physical activity, the thoughts I choose to think, understanding the importance of hydration in a sense of wellness and most recently (almost 2 years ago) essential oils!  I decided that all my experience, including my degree in psychology, could be helpful to others.  I decided to pursue a series of certifications and degrees to that end.  It breaks my heart to see so many people needlessly suffering from diseases and conditions that can be often alleviated through lifestyle choices!

I have completed my first leg in this credential journey!  I am now a Certified Holistic Health Coach!  I’m super excited to share with my lampworking community my passion for wellness! Thank you for your interest in this area and for coming to this space to learn more and share what you know!


What are your dreams?  What ideas are locked in your busy mind, just waiting for a few quiet minutes in your busy day to show themselves to you?  It’s believed we only use about 10% of our brains, the other 90% contains so many possibilities!  Time relaxing in your mind provides you with a greater sense of wellness and opens your creativity.  What did you day dream of today?

Do you have ideas that you are afraid to try?  What is the worst thing that could happen?  It won’t work?  That’s fine, then you’ll know!  Right now, if you are holding back, your creative energy is being wasted on wondering if it will work or not.  Find out!  Share with us, in the comments how it worked!  You can link to your own blog, facebook, social media to show us the results if you’d like!

Water Check!

Are you drinking enough water?  I can’t stress water enough.  We are a dehydrated bunch…especially those of us who can become caught up in a focused space where the world falls away while we create!  Food, water, and bathroom breaks all seem to halt when we get in that brain space where creativity is really flowing!  This means it’s important to plan ahead!

Fill a nice big glass water bottle with water, maybe a couple drops of essential oil for fun flavor*.  I recommend Lemon, Wild Orange or Peppermint.  Mmmmm.  If water is easily to reach, you are more likely to drink it.

Fruit infused water is very fun!  Add fresh fruit to a pitcher of water, along with a couple drops of essential oil for added pop of flavor!  Delicious and refreshing!  Making water special will increase your likelihood of being well hydrated!


*Not all brands of essential oils are safe for internal use.  Please read the bottle, and follow the guidelines listed.